Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Renee Award

As they used to say on "That's Life!, I am indebted to Melissa at Smitten by Britain for awarding me a new blog award, the Renee Award. It was created by Bella in Japan in memory of her friend Renee and is intended to "honour someone who is incredibly inspirational in her intelligent and witty writing."

Well, I will pass the baton to Maddie Grigg at The World from My Window, life in rural Dorset with wit and panache. Maddie and I trained together as journalists in another life and we're seeing each other next weekend for the first time in seven years. There will no doubt be much reminiscing about the house we used to share in Plymouth with its outside toilet (not much fun when it snowed) and the curious shower in a cupboard.

And I will also award the Renee to my friend Lucy at Thoughts and Worries from the Wrong Side of the Hill. Lucy writes in a mouth drooling way about restaurants and food - and thanks to her I discovered the wonderful restaurant Caldesi in Campagna (Bray) which knocks spots off The Fat Duck, also in the same location.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig