Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Friday, March 07, 2014

Matthew I'm Sorry!

I'm feeling guilty about a tweet.

I once tweeted that Matthew McConaughey ruined every film he was in.

At the time, I was probably watching Fool's Gold or Failure to Launch. His rom coms had become increasingly dire. Both films have very telling titles.

But, all credit to Mr McConaughey: he started choosing to appear in films that challenged him, where he didn't play on his good looks, and by Jove, the dude showed us he could act.

I'm talking about The Lincoln Lawyer, Mud, Magic Mike and Dallas Buyer's Club, where his portrayal of a man with AIDS won him an Oscar this week. He lost 3 stone for the role and gossip magazines were panicking about Matthew losing his looks.

Here's to many more years of success for the actor.
Wouldn't it be great to see Jennifer Aniston do the same?
SHARE:

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, we watched The Lincoln Lawyer just last night!!! I was put off when I saw that he was in it, but I have to agree with you Gail - he was really convincing in it - and the twists and turns in the plot made compelling watching. Hats off to him!!!! Lucy

Blog Design Created by pipdig