Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Try this instead of counting sheep

My drives to Swindon, once or twice a week, are very LONG - usually two and a half hours each way - and if Sarah Kennedy and Chris Evans, for some reason, are not behind the mic on Radio 2, I have to find other ways to amuse myself (I don't listen to a stand-in).

Sometimes listening to CDs is good, but not if I forget to change them. I also keep an eye out for Bailey's Equine Nose Bags - their lorries seem to make the same journey as me, starting on the M25 at 6am and heading down the M4.

And then there's the filmstar game. Now this is far better than counting sheep. What I do is imagine that I'm casting the biggest, starriest film ever. Every filmstar currently living is featuring in my film. It's easy enough to come up with the superstars, but you have to think of older actors, those who used to be famous but haven't been seen, plus foreign actors who crop up in Almodovar films.

I'm always very chuffed when I remember stars who used to be big, or at least well-known, like Theresa Russell and Debra Winger.

I usually have a full roster of British talent in my film (naturally).If I'm really bored - ie stuck n roadworks - I start to cast them alphabetically.

I find it very amusing to imagine what it would be like having Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida, Joan Collins and Lauren Bacall coming face-to-face with each other.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig