isthismutton?

Translate

Search this blog

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dear blog: you are boring me

Dear Curious Girl blog
I'm afraid to say that you and I am no longer mutually compatible. You are starting to bore me. I seem to come over all disgusted of Tunbridge Wells whenever I start writing, leading someone to ask recently "do you still write that right-wing ranting blog?" I was shocked, because right wing is something I am not.

Looking at the blog traffic on Site Meter and Icerocket, I mainly get hits from people looking for chef / broadcaster John Torode, Elizabeth Hurley's jaw dropping wedding or Carol McGiffin "with no clothes on" (really!) I can count on a handful of faithful readers, Lucy and Mark T and a Methodist minister among them.

The only time this blog really rocks is when I'm covering the Eurovision Song Contest and Strictly Come Dancing.

So, dear blog, I think I will put you into hibernation and only wake you up when it's time for those particular topics. (Not long now for Eurovision - the UK will soon be making its usual hash of choosing the UK entry!).

Meanwhile, I'm putting a lot of more energy into my crafting blog, where the traffic is growing nicely, and my secret girlie blog which I don't promote (if you don't know the URL, I'm not telling you so it'll test your web search powers!).

See you in Serbia if not before, groovers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no - don't desert us!
few faukful readers taht will miss yoU!

Anonymous said...

few "faithful" readers "that" will miss you!

lucylastic said...

I too am distraught and desolate at the thought of having no more 'Curious Girl' to read. Please re-consider!! I don't think your readers are bored OR consider you right wing, (though nothing wrong with being right of centre if you ask me)!!! Lucy

Gadget

This content isn't available over encrypted connections yet.