Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dear blog: you are boring me

Dear Curious Girl blog
I'm afraid to say that you and I am no longer mutually compatible. You are starting to bore me. I seem to come over all disgusted of Tunbridge Wells whenever I start writing, leading someone to ask recently "do you still write that right-wing ranting blog?" I was shocked, because right wing is something I am not.

Looking at the blog traffic on Site Meter and Icerocket, I mainly get hits from people looking for chef / broadcaster John Torode, Elizabeth Hurley's jaw dropping wedding or Carol McGiffin "with no clothes on" (really!) I can count on a handful of faithful readers, Lucy and Mark T and a Methodist minister among them.

The only time this blog really rocks is when I'm covering the Eurovision Song Contest and Strictly Come Dancing.

So, dear blog, I think I will put you into hibernation and only wake you up when it's time for those particular topics. (Not long now for Eurovision - the UK will soon be making its usual hash of choosing the UK entry!).

Meanwhile, I'm putting a lot of more energy into my crafting blog, where the traffic is growing nicely, and my secret girlie blog which I don't promote (if you don't know the URL, I'm not telling you so it'll test your web search powers!).

See you in Serbia if not before, groovers!
SHARE:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

no - don't desert us!
few faukful readers taht will miss yoU!

Anonymous said...

few "faithful" readers "that" will miss you!

Anonymous said...

I too am distraught and desolate at the thought of having no more 'Curious Girl' to read. Please re-consider!! I don't think your readers are bored OR consider you right wing, (though nothing wrong with being right of centre if you ask me)!!! Lucy

Blog Design Created by pipdig