Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Groundhog Day


I must confess to never having seen the film Groundhog Day but I know roughly what it's about and today, Easter Monday, was my Groundhog Day.

I'm not saying it hasn't been a great day: a walk in the wood, finding that the secret bluebell wood is in full flower, and having lunch at a country pub.

But it's exactly what we did last year, as I created two scrapbook layouts at the time.

The trouble is, J can only really tolerate one bank holiday and a weekend. Two bank holidays seems excessive for his puritan streak. Any suggestions of going to Southend or dare I mention it, Hampton Court to see the new Henry VIII exhibition, and I get a wince of Victor Meldrew proportions. Neither was he keen to wield a paint brush, tidy out the shed or go up in the loft (all manly pursuits).

But getting him to go for a walk to the Owl and to check on the progress of the bluebll wood, well he was out like a shot.

I did make sure I was dressed differently for this year's pictures.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig