Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Ghost Cars

We happened to be in one of the car dealers at the weekend (a new car is firmly back in J's "circle" - see http://chat1960vintage.blogspot.com/2010/08/circle.html) and I was intrigued to see the cars shrouded with sheets (right). New cars: we could see the "60" on their numberplates. Someone's pride and joy, waiting to be driven proudly out of the showroom today.

I will be driving home my own new pride and joy today. I only get a new car once every four years so it's an exciting day, twinged with sadness. I never name my cars or personalise them, but I do get quite attached to them in that we drive many miles in four years and spend many hours twiddling our respective thumbs and gear stick on the M25. As Gary Numan rightly said, "here in my car I feel safest of all".
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig