Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

77/365: I partake of the grape at Ragdale Hall


For years Diane and I have been saying "we must meet up" but we never did, and 20 years went by. We met on a women's development course when we both worked at BT, me in London and Diane in Preston. So it surprised both of us when we recently took the bull by the horns and booked a reviver break at Ragdale Hall health hydro.

I've been to Ragdale Hall once, about 15 years ago. It's changed a lot since then: much bigger. I couldn't believe the number of cars. Mr Darling, if you're looking for the deficit, it's here.

Diane and I recognised each other right away and we were soon talking the hind legs off a donkey, whatever that means. After a spell in the amazing pool complex we took our lizard skin upstairs and cracked open a bottle of wine. This was followed by another (Ragdale is not one of these curmudgeonly places that is pious about wine) and I must confess I was somewhat jaded today as I attempted to use the gym.

Fond farewells and a promise that we will rebook very quickly to make it a regular stay. But next year, for two nights.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig