Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Monday, March 01, 2010

60/365: Short and curly

I hate going to the hairdresser's. A trip to the dentist, or even the optician, where I get told that I'm contradicting myself, is preferable. So for years I have had the "wash and go" style you see in my profile pic on the right. I never used any 'product' or even a hairdryer. Sometimes it resembled a mullet, and it was this, coupled with the inevitable comment in makeover programmes that if you've had the same hairstyle for hundreds of years, you need to have it either cut short or bobbed.

So a few weeks ago I bit the bullet and had a bob, of sorts. Not as aggressively bobbed as Anna Wintour is how I describe it. And it came to pass that I had to use volumising mousse and blow dry it every time I washed it. What a faff!

So lately I've been washing and going again, and because it's a bit shorter than my normal mullet, it seems to curl up a treat with a little curl enhancing cream and some finger scrunching. This is the result (left.)

And as for the hairdresser's, well initially I was so impressed by the posh place I went to in central London that I went back for a gloss colour with blonde highlights. The result was a horrible washed out red with some brassy bits. Another salon disaster.  Needless to say, I am now avoiding the hairdresser's again. Normal mullet operations should be resumed in a few weeks!
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig