Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My new car: BMW M6 convertible

OK, OK. In my dreams. In fact that's where it was. I was enjoying a delightful reverie in the car today (while diligently looking out for Dentressangle and Bailey's horse feeds lorries, of course.) It was the daydream I call "when we win the lottery," where I spend the millions.

Now it's always been a source of frustration to me that when I've played this game before, I couldn't decide on a car.

The trouble is, I wouldn't want anything too ostententious or dare I say pretentious, so to me that rules out Porsche, Maserati, Lotus, Ferrari etc. Sorry guys but that's the way I think.

A cute veteran sports car would be ideal: an old Morgan, for example.

And now I have chosen a BMW M6 convertible. It's just perfect. It doesn't scream out "loads of money" but the discerning driver knows full well what's under the bonnet. Plus they're so nice at the dealers. The only one I've come across that patronise women.

In great excitement I called J to ask him how I could find out more about this marque. Highlighting the main difference between us, he couldn't understand why I was even bothering to fill my head with such notions. "You need to keep your feet on the ground" he suggested.

But I can start the day with a light heart, knowing that when Deadly reads out our numbers in the Lotto, my car is chosen.

Now all I have to do is decide on the house. Architect built new build or old building with original features? Aaargh.

Which car and house option would you go for?
SHARE:

1 comment

Leisa Dreps said...

Hmm, perhaps a car and house put together? When it comes to dream cars, it might be nice to have one of those really classy cars around. The Excalibur Roadster, for example, would be a pretty dapper ride. Heheh, while the rarity value makes that car out of the question, it still makes for a nice dream car.

Blog Design Created by pipdig