Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Greetings from California

Temperatures reached a fairly unseasonal 79 fahrenhait in southern California today. Not that I was able to sunbathe and enjoy it. I'm incarcerated in air conditioned (ie cold) buildings, attending the annual sales & marketing conference. It's my 10th consecutive conference.

The flight out, on Friday, was fairly uneventful. I didn't get upgraded, nor did I get a room on the executive floor of the hotel- unlike some smug colleagues who somehow managed to wangle it!

I saw "The Queen" on the flight and Helen Mirren was certainly remarkable in the role. She just IS the Queen after a short while, unlike the characters of Pricne Charles and Tony Blair who seem like caricatures.

Anyway, after arriving at our hotel, I managed to stay awake until 8pm, then allowed myself to go to sleep. Miraculously, I slept until the alarm went off at 7am! Now that did make my colleagues jealous.

There won't be any postings from me until I get back to blighty on Thursday.....

Already looking forward to having a ruby and watching decent TV!
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig