Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

108/365: The mystery plant


My regular visits to Swindon are punctuated by various milestones and landmarks on the trip. The pedgree herd of cows on the magnificent escarpment just after the "borough of Swindon" sign on the M4. The valerian that will flower soon, on the shingly embankment just as you approach the turn-off to Swindon. And in Marlborough Road, as I approach the office, the annual appearance of this white plant cascading over walls. I still haven't figured out exactly what it is. It looks very much like arabis, which according to the J Parker catalogue, appears in April and May. I may order some, although I don't have any suitable cascading walls.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig