Miscellany and detritus, from the writer of Is This Mutton?com

Search this blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

118/365: Tall buildings


I've spent quite a bit of time in London this week. It's only 26 minutes away by train but "going in town" feels like an event.

I happened to be in the Chancery Lane area to collect some contact lenses so I took a picture of the former BT International building where I spent two happy years a long time ago.

When I first pitched up at BT, having moved from Devon and a fun radio job, I didn't think I could bear it. I was in a huge room filled with people but strangely silent, the hum of conversation muted along with the air conditioning.

I wondered at lunchtime, that first day, if I could chain myself to the Mirror Group Newspapers building, which was opposite, until they gave me a job  (MGN having been my first employer.)

But I quickly adapted to live at BT and look back on it with very fond memories.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig